Saturday, August 18, 2007

Low Cost Entertainment: Fantasy Football

It's just about that time of the year; Fantasy Football time! The past 2 years I've been a league that has provided me with loads of fun. The cost to enter the league, which includes friends and coworkers, is $50. Add in the cost of drinks & food when we meet to for watch parties, the total is about $100. For that price, I get 17 weeks of bliss!

It averages out to $5.88 per week. The great thing is that it keeps me entertained for hours a week. I probably use up 5-7 hours a week planning for the slate of games, talking trash to opponents and reading articles about every game that week. That's about $1/hr.I consider that to be great value.

Best part is that you build relationships, root for your favorite team and players, and everyone has a chance to win the pot of money; usually about $500. Though I haven't won that cash, it doesn't take away from the experience. It's something I look forward to every year.

No comments: